1. Sponsor: These are the Official Rules for the FairFX ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’. The sponsor and administrator of this Competition is FairFX. FairFX is a trading style of Equals Money PLC (Registered in England & Wales No. 05539698). Registered Office: 3rd Floor, Vintners’ Place, 68 Upper Thames St, London, EC4V 3BJ.
2. Timing: The FairFX ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ begins at 09:00 on 22nd August 2023 and ends at 23:59 on 28th August 2023 BST (the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ period).
3. Who may enter: Entry is open to:
a. All who have an active FairFX account and be willing to fully comply with these Official Rules and all other terms and conditions of the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’;
b. Be willing to comply with FairFX in publicising the winner(s) of the competition, and to take part in online promotional activities on FairFX and their social media sites.
c. Immediate family (i.e spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each entity are not eligible.
d. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’.
4. How to Enter: Entrants must add funds or ‘top up’ their active FairFX account and Currency Card with a minimum amount of £100 GBP, or foreign currency equivalent in a single transaction between 09:00 on 22nd August 2023 and ends at 23:59 on 28th August 2023. Entrants can only apply once for ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ and will not be eligible for multiple prizes.
5. The prize is £500 GBP credit to be applied to the Winner’s active FairFX account and Currency Card, to be used at the winner’s discretion. There will be one winner. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the prize receipt and/or use. Winners must be over 18 years of age.
6. Drawing and Winner Notification: The Sponsor will select one prize winner at one time in a random drawing of all eligible entries at the close of the competition. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, or misdirected entries. The winner will be drawn at random and announced to the winner by email within 28 days. It is the entrant’s obligation to notify the Sponsor in writing of any change of contract information. The winner will be required to respond to the winner notification within 5 days of the time the notice is sent in order to claim their prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within the required time period or fails to comply with any other term of these Official Rules, that potential winner forfeits the prize. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules: In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries from the applicable Entry Period.
7. Publicity: The acceptance of the Prize by a winner shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that the Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s full name, county, quotes, photo, submission, entry or prize information (collectively “Submission”) in any manner the Sponsor deems fit including, but not limited to, in connection with the Sponsor’s exploitation of the Submission for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. The winner will be alerted that they’ve won by email by 23:59 on the 26th of September 2023 and will have £500 GBP credited to their account once the Sponsor has received confirmation of the winner’s intention to collect the prize.
9. Additionally, by participating in this competition, the winner consents to being contacted by a member of the FairFX team to inform them they have won.
10. Release: By participating, the entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor to the maximum extent permitted by law and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers and each of their respective parent companies and each such company, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property arising out of the entrant’s participation in this ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize, as well as or any claim or cause of action based on publicity rights, infringement of intellectual property, defamation, or invasion of privacy arising from any materials the entrant has submitted in connection with the entrant’s participation in this competition.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor is not responsible for:
a. Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’;
b. Technical failure of any kind, including but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software;
c. Unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process of the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’;
d. Technical or human error which may occur in the offer or administration of the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’, including but not limited to errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prizes or the processing of entries;
e. Any inability of any winner to accept or use any prize for any reason; or
f. Any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly in whole or in part from the entrant’s participation in the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ or receipt or use of misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the entrant’s remedy is another entry in the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ or any part of it, for any reason, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated value of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the ‘2023 August Bank Holiday Giveaway Competition’ or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
15. All disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be resolved by the Courts of England and Wales.